A foundation laid with latest technologies and concepts to be future ready.
You will get a solid grounding in the most recent technologies and concepts, and will be able to adapt to a rapidly-changing future. When you graduate you will grow into an adept professional with the requisite skills to flourish in the industry.
Building Information Modeling [BIM]
You will gain advanced skills in BIM, an intelligent 3-D model-based practice that plays a role in optimizing the entire project life-cycle. Today, BIM continues to dominate processes across the built environment, and clients and employers are demanding professionals who can demonstrate BIM knowledge and experience.
Lean construction approach tries to manage and improve construction processes with minimum cost and maximum value by considering customer needs. You will learn concepts that are aligned with the principles of lean construction and value engineering, and will be able to apply these in your work.
Advanced energy management and sustainability
You will learn about the complex systems that govern energy management and sustainability, concepts which are the need of our planet’s future. The concepts that you learn will enable you to appear for the IGBC AP certification.
Building services and facilities management
You will learn about building services, including utility supplies and engineering and efficient management of resources that are required to successfully run the most advanced buildings today. As technology leads changes in our world, you will be equipped to manage the buildings of the future. You will gain the skills necessary to specialise and work in the growing facilities management (FM) industry.
Real Estate Valuation
You will learn how to unbiasedly estimate a property’s value and quality. You will be able to determine the value of land and property portfolios for mortgage, taxation, probate and collateral purposes.
Advanced software used by industry globally
An opportunity to learn and practice industry software used in global built environment industry and makes you a competent fit for future workforce.
- Office365 => Cloud version of Microsoft Office suit containing Word, Excel, Power point, Access, One Drive, Outlook, Skype for Business, Yammer, Team, Delve, Forms, Power BI, Share point and more
- MS Visio Pro => Microsoft Visio is software for drawing a variety of diagrams. These include flowcharts, org charts, building plans, floor plans, data flow diagrams, process flow diagrams, business process modelling, 3D maps, and more
- MS Project Pro => Microsoft Project is a project management software product. It is designed to assist a project manager in developing a plan, assigning resources to tasks, tracking progress, managing the budget, and analysing workloads
- Autodesk Building and Infrastructure Suite => Integrated BIM tools for building design, civil infrastructure, and construction from Autodesk
- Candy Software => Candy is a software suite focused on project control in the construction industry, Candy have specifically targeted the contractor’s software requirements, from taking-off, pricing and planning a project, controlling at site level, through to the final certificate. Candy is an integrated single-package construction application designed with, and by industry professionals and its modules include – Estimating, Planning, Valuations, Forecasting, Real Cost vs. Allowable budget with Earned Value analysis, Project Cash Flow, Subcontract Management, Electronic 2D and 3D quantity take-off – linked to the bill of quantities
- CostX => CostX enables quick and accurate take off quantities from 2D drawings and generate automatic quantities from 3D models / BIM using the most advanced electronic take off system available. Prepare estimates, bills of quantities and tenders easily and all in a fraction of the time and cost!
- Oracle Primavera P6 => Powerful Tools for Global Project Planning, prioritizing, managing, and executing projects, programs, and portfolios.
- Primavera Risk Analysis => Primavera Risk Analysis integrates directly with project schedules and cost estimates to provide quick and easy techniques to model risks and analyze the cost and schedule impacts of mitigating them.
- Bentley Systems => Bentley Systems provide architects, engineers, geospatial professionals, constructors, and owner-operators with comprehensive software solutions for advancing the design, construction, and operations of infrastructure.
- Trimble Vico => Vico Office is an integrated construction management solution which spans 2D, 3D, 4D, and 5D BIM. In simple words this means design coordination, model coordination, location-based scheduling, cost planning, and production control
- Trimble Tilos => TILOS software combines time and location to give a smarter, easier way to create accurate, optimized project plans, and to quickly update these plans as schedule changes occur
- Lindo Classic Solver => LINDO is a convenient, but powerful tool for solving linear, integer, and quadratic programming problems. These problems occur in areas of business, industry, research and government. Specific application areas where LINDO has proven to be of great use would include product distribution, ingredient blending, production, personnel scheduling, inventory management and more
- Palisade @RISK DecisionTools Suite => the DecisionTools Suite is an integrated set of programs for risk analysis and decision making under uncertainty. This enables Cash Flow & Financial Analysis, Multi-stage Decision Modeling, Portfolio Optimization & Resource Allocation, Enterprise Risk Management
- Argus Enterprise => ARGUS Enterprise is the global standard for property valuation and most comprehensive asset and portfolio management solution in the world. Trusted by leading investment firms to value property, secure capital, manage assets, and generate wealth. The capability of this tool is Improved Decision Making, Portfolio Transparency, Enterprise Scalability
- ARCHIBUS Software => ARCHIBUS is an Integrated Workplace Management System (IWMS) platform. The platform is integrated bi-directionally with building information modelling and CAD design software. This improves building operations management, asset management, environmental sustainability, and risk management
- Turnitin => Turnitin is a commercial, Internet-based plagiarism-detection service. Web-based writing assessment toolkit which allows instructors to provide feedback to students through markup tools, rubrics, proofing tools and originality reports to detect plagiarism.